Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Generation "Y in the HELL?!?!?!?"




As most of you have figured out....

I laugh at my life so I don't load up on duct tape and rope and do something I "might" regret.

("REGRET" is one of those words that's just soooo vague!!! LOL)

Well, at this point in my life, I've decided that my crazy, comical, stressed out world would SOAR in the Nielsen ratings!!! (Do they even HAVE those anymore?!?!)

I'll admit, I have an AWESOME job!!
FANTASTIC hours, NO stress, great people, and it's FUN!!!!

But, like all working moms, the kiddos have to pay the price from time to time....
and by "pay the price" I mean....

having to hang out ALL day with the very same people who raised ME!!!

Don't get me wrong...
my parents have been AMAZING!!!
They have allowed me to work, have a social life, and move a family of 5 INSANE people into their once quiet home......BUT

(and there's always a butt when it involves MY kiddos running around with their pants falling down)

there IS a slight Generational Gap that is VERY apparent!!!

For instance...

MUSIC:
I find it absolutely HYSTERICAL when the Princess starts singing "inappropriate" songs in the car! (I'm sorry, but a 4 yr old singing "If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?", just makes me laugh out loud EVERY time!!!!

MOVIES:
When the Ref tells me that he is "bored" with a horror flick because there "isn't enough blood", I mean, COME ON....I just want to hold him close and say, "That's my boy!".....brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it!

TV:
We all know that times have changed on TV regulations....and my folks STILL think that "Roseanne" was an "inappropriate family show"......so I take a little heat when I come home and am told that the kiddos got mad because "Ghost Adventures" (an episode where Zack tried to get a succubus to lay in bed with him) got turned off!!!.....COME ON!!! That's just good, quality family bonding time right there!!!!

CARTOONS:
OK, OK...I'll admit that MOST cartoons suck nowadays.....but, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?  Whenever I see the kiddos running around pretending to kill each other with laser beams and alien weapons rather than guns....I secretly feel a little bit proud....after all, Guns don't kill people, toxic alien slime and four-armed alien freaks kill people!!!

TOYS:
Maybe it's just me, (because apparently it's not my folks), but I think that running through the toy aisles with swords and helmets is FUN!!!! With all of the sound effects and light effects on toys now, I would MUCH rather look like a crazy person in the STORE than actually bring that crap HOME where it can annoy me on a daily basis!!!

Soooo...
I wouldn't trade my life for the world....

I might be a little "unconventional", but I like it that way.....

Afterall....

If the kiddos weren't as "abnormal" as I am....

I'd have to write this all from a padded room somewhere...

And it's hard to type with a straight jacket on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment