Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

Choose Your Words Wisely




In light of the recent Casey Anthony trial, it has been brought to my attention that I tend to use the words, "duct tape" and "kiddos" WAAAAY too often in the same sentence!!
(side note to local law enforcement: I AM KIDDING!!!!!)

But, as so many random comments do, it's gotten me to thinking. 
THIS time, I'm thinking about a much more "humane" approach to stopping the whole....

"I HATE YOU!" , "The Instigator just SPIT on me!!", "The Bean just wiped poop on my shirt!!!" debacle.


I've been racking my brain for days.
Today, however, the answer came from the MOST UNEXPECTED place....
THE KIDDOS!!!

The ONLY thing they could agree on and NOT fight about today was the idea that they could
 "OUTVOTE ME" and get a new pet!!!
So, while they were incessantly BEGGING to get a pet hamster today,
(NOT gonna happen!! I hate ALL rodents equally!!!!)
a thought occurred to me......

(yes, I KNOW....those random thoughts NEVER end well!!)

GIANT HAMSTER BALLS!!!!!

It's absolutely BRILLIANT!!!

Every morning, we wake up, and I stuff each of the kids into a human sized hamster ball...
that way, they can't touch each other!!

As I thought about it, a few more bonuses came to mind...

1. No more random, "I tripped and fell under the car and burned myself on the exhaust" moments.

2. "Pool Time"....sooooo much cooler, just admit it

3.  I wouldn't need to buy one of those "rolling popper" thingies for the baby if I just stuffed a few colored balls in there with them.

4. The whole "tattle-tale" thing goes away when you can't hear them because they are enclosed in a plastic bubble!!1

5. When they make me mad....how FUN would it be to just kick the bubble and watch them run as fast as their little legs can carry them just to keep up?!?!?!?

So, I've decided to adjust my nonexistent portfolio to include "Giant Hamster Balls"...

Then again...
maybe I should just stick to "duct tape", because the "GIANT HAMSTER BALLS" Google search I had to do to find a pic for this post is probably a MUCH more embarrassing investigation!!!

1 comment:

  1. We tried this years ago and they kept getting out of the damn things...Smarter than a hamster...loved it Cindy...

    ReplyDelete