Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rebels Without a Clue

Alright, so apparently, we have passed on our "rebel spirits" to the kids.....
they are either too young to grasp the concept fully.....

OR....they are gonna be complete and utter FRAUDS!!!!

A few days ago, the Princess offered up this bit of wisdom:
"I want candy!!!"......"It's 9 AM, girl.....not happening!!".......flash forward to her holding a lollipop in front of my face....."I WILL open this whether you like it or NOT!!!.....if that's ok?"

Well, sorry, girl, but you just revealed your hand before it was time!!!
If you ASK me if it's alright to be defiant.....what do you really expect my response to be?!?!?!


So I've ruled out a career in detective work or the legal profession for her....or, for that matter, acting!

I have to wonder, though....
In this day and age when EVERYTHING is "accepted" (or, at the very least, expected to be accepted!)...

How can ANY child be "different", be a rebel, find their own "uniqueness"?


Go figure, I have a few thoughts on it.....

Rebels USED to be the ones with tattoos.....not so much anymore. It seems like now, if you DON'T have a tattoo, then you are out of the normal realm! Don't get me wrong....I love tattoos!! I have one myself, and I plan on a few more! (and let's just face it, folks......people with tattoos are a lot more fun to look at naked!!!!) I have to ask, though.....didn't tattoos USED to mean that you were different and NOT going along with the trend? The way things look now, the only way my kiddos will be "normal" is to have 10 skull/rose/facial portraits permanently inked on their a$$es before they are 16 years old!

The Ref and the Instigator have a bad habit....(ie---PROBLEM) with their pants falling down and showing their butts to the world!!!.....Well, I think that's an ISSUE!!! Apparently, though, the world now looks at this as a "fashion statement"!!! I need your help here.  If you see my boys and their cracks are showing.....tell them to get a belt!!! DO NOT encourage it as a nonconformist type of fashion!!!!

The Ref now thinks that picking his nose in public is "individual".....ummm....sorry, dude, but I just saw 10 people driving down the road doing the same thing!!!! Added bonus........yeah, well, I can't even type what they did with their secret finds!!!!

My little Princess....Sweet little Princess....REFUSES to admit that she has outgrown some of her favorite dresses!!! That means that she insists on prancing around in dresses that, well, are WAY too short for her!!! 10 years ago.....rebel....NOW.....EVERY girl thinks it's appropriate to have her skirt hiked up high enough to see her belly button!!!!! NOT my idea of cute!!! Princess, I'm begging you, put on some flipping leggings on if you want to wear that dress!!!!
(sidenote: if she EVER buys a pair of thongs on MY dime.......I'll decorate the cardboard box FOR her and she can live on the street!!!!!!)

Cussing as a form of independence.....ummm....have you HEARD the latest songs on the radio?!?!?!!? Apparently vulgar language is now the coolest trend of the day!!! I'll admit....I can be an absolute MASTER of the language...but , if my kids hear it, I had BETTER be the one to blame rather than the song I am blaring on the radio!!! Hello?!?!?!?!?!? What ever happened to Tipper Gore?!?!?!?

OK...so here's the final verdict...

There are NO rebels, anymore!!!

All we have now is kids that skirt the edges of mainstream, and then have the nerve to declare themselves "individuals"!!!

The definition of "individual" only seems to mean that you don't really fit in, but your Mommy and Daddy have enough pull to make sure that your life is PERFECT!!! 

I am not going to worry about it....

If you need me, I'll be at the tattoo studio getting "Rebel Without a Clue" inked on my forehead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment