Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

When I Grow Up.....

I still remember all of my hopes and dreams as a small child.
(In fact, they were a huge part of my wedding vows!)

I wanted to be an astronaut, a teacher, a baker........
but one thing always remained constant.....

I ALWAYS wanted to be a Mother!

Luckily, that foremost dream became a reality for me....

NOT so luckily,
I  NEVER KNEW WHAT I WAS GETTING MYSELF INTO!!!!

The kiddos are now old enough that they are starting to develop their own dreams and hopes for the future.

I wanted to share some of their "career goals", and the reasons why I sincerely HOPE they change their minds a million times over!!!

Some of their "future plans" over the last year:


The Ref:
1. TEACHER: OK, great idea.....HOWEVER, you HATE school and homework, and projects, and well.....let's just face it......a teacher who's pants keep falling down to reveal 'crackage' is just plain creepy!!!
2. MAGICIAN: If you could master that...THAT WOULD ROCK!!! Remember, though, I've seen you try to make your boogers disappear without me noticing that they go straight into your MOUTH!
3. Cable Guy: OK, this one's courtesy of his Dad.....but imagine your life if your cable/Internet goes out, and you call someone whose selective hearing is soooooo bad that you have to countdown from 5 before he'll even HEAR what you are telling him!

The Instigator:
1. BOXER: Well, he's actually quite suited to this career except for the fact that he goes into a complete and total meltdown every time someone LOOKS at him wrong, and his "go to" move is hitting below the belt!!
2. PRO SKATEBOARDER: Yes, I've told you all about his daredevil tactics and wanting to skateboard off the roof....he definitely has the spirit for it....BUT.....every time we watch it on TV he says that the skateboard was MADE wrong whenever someone falls (personal responsibility is NOT a strong point of his!).
3. CHEF: He likes to cook. (Why wouldn't he? I LOVE to cook!!!) However, I just watch him tonight try to put green "gloop" (that solid/liquid stuff you make with cornstarch and water) into the spaghetti sauce and REFUSE to wash his hands before/after doing ANYTHING gross!! (I foresee a REALLY bad Health Dept. grade in his future!!!) (side note: He dressed as the chef from 'Rattatouille' for Halloween....INSISTED that I put blood on the chef jacket because, after all, he'd had a RAT CLAWING AT HIS HEAD AND CHEST!)

Princess:
1. BALLERINA: Awww....every little girls' dream, right? Well, as she said it......she walked FACE FIRST into a wall!!!! Gracefulness.....NOT her given talent!!
2. SANTA CLAUS: That's sooo sweet!!! I'll give you the credit for being the size of an elf and looking like Cindy Lou Who....so I can kind of make the connection. That being said....I have NEVER seen you willingly give up a toy in YOU ENTIRE LIFE!!! Not even for 5 minutes!!!! I can see kids screaming all over the world on Christmas morning!
3. MIND READER: I have to give her credit on this one....I've neer heard a child want to be a mindreader when they grow up.  Yet, THIS is how she told me...."I've decided I want to be a mind reader when I grow up......well, I'm not sure, yet....I can't figure out what I think about that!".....ummmm....yeah......probably NOT a good career choice if you can't figure out what YOU think!!!

4. THE BEAN: Come on, folks! SERIOUSLY?!?!? She's only 17 months.....even I am not THAT good at seeing her preferences, yet!!!

All said and done, though...I know the kiddos will be just fine!

After all.....I had my kiddos a little later in life....
so, by the time they are grown and working in their chosen fields....

I'll be too delusional to care WHAT they are doing to the rest of you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment