Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Creative Discipline

Anyone who knows me realizes that I have tried almost every disciplinary technique in the book on my kids.

Sure, they all work GREAT for about a week or so.....
but with 4 little ones, it actually becomes more work on Mommy to keep up with it all!

We've been through the naughty chair.......when you 4 year old PEES on it intentionally to make you take him out, it loses its appeal very quickly!

The Reward System works great........up until that first week where ONE kid doesn't earn a reward and you have to deal with a screaming toddler trying to steal everyone else's reward!

We stole the Stoplight tactic from school (figured it works there, so why not!)....I'll tell you why not!......the stupid puppy decided to eat all the name tags off the stupid thing and actually got excited every time I replaced them!!

Spanking has its obvious old-school appeal........but the Instigator will defiantly look at me and say,
"BRING IT!"


So, I am now being forced to go rogue in the whole discipline debate.....no books, no experts, no advice....
just good old maternal instinct!

Introducing.......
OPERATION HUMILIATION

This new tactic is brought to you courtesy of boys that hate girls and girls that hate boys.

It all started quite randomly....
You see, my boys have a very "unique" problem:
They have NO butts, so their pants continually fall down....
I know they "show their A$$ES to ME quite regularly, but the literal translation to the world is much more embarrassing!!

So, I have now begun telling them, that if I see their little rear ends hanging out one more time....
I WILL SEND THEM TO SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY IN COMPLETELY EMBARRASSING PANTS!

Low and behold.......IT WORKED!!!
Apparently.....humiliation is a great behavior modification tool!
OK....I figured it's time to up the ante!!!

We have a few new rules:

For the boys:
If you ignore me, fight, or just annoy the crap out of me....
You will be going to school with pink hairspray in your hair!!!
If you keep it up.......hair bows!!

WOW!!!
They actually listen now!!!

For the Princess:
If you push your sister, boss around the boys, or just PI$$ me off for no reason...
You will be wearing your brothers' clothes tomorrow!!!

The DIVA in her REFUSES to let that happen!!

So, for the moment, I am on Cloud 9....breaking my arm as I pat myself on the back!

I'm betting I might regret it later on, though if I have to follow through with it.....

Like when my kids are all on Oprah....
 explaining how their Mommy encouraged cross-dressing at such a young age!!!

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts exactly....I can hear Dr. Phil already... "Now where is your mother? She needs help."

    ReplyDelete