Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Is the Weekend Over, Yet?

Welcome to the weekend!!!
Around here, weekend = catch up on all the crap I didn't bother to do during the week while the hubby was working!!

So, today, that involved a much needed trip to the warehouse club.
The kids were NOT happy about that!

You see, it all started with an argument from the Ref about why he didn't need to go with us:

Apparently, he is an "indoor" person. He started giving this long explanation about how he would rather stay inside because, after all, it IS still winter, and it's not a good idea to go out in winter weather.....

REALLY, BOY?!?!? I guess, technically, you're right, but it's 60 degrees and sunny outside!!!
(PS---you're flipping video game will still be here when we get back!!!
I'm on to you, boy......
I know how your mind works!!!)

Then we moved on to the, always so fun, battle over where to eat lunch.
"We want McDonald's!!!"
Sorry, babes, but I've been McDonald'sed out for about 5 years now, try again....

Flash forward to 20 minutes later.....at the restaurant that THEY chose:
"I hate this place", "EEEWWWW, I don't like that!", screaming baby, salsa fights, and chips being thrown at the man behind us!!!!
(Imagine me sinking lower and lower in my seat, pulling my hat down over my eyes.)

Then, we finally escape....
Onto the warehouse club....

Two minutes into it... the Ref mentions that we need to hurry up because his legs are falling asleep.

OOOOHHHH!!! BRAINSTORM for the others!!!

As if by Divine Intervention, all 3 older kids' legs suddenly don't work!!!

The Instigator suddenly goes limp, the Princess is instantly immobile in the middle of the aisle, and the Ref is slowing dragging one leg behind him in some sick Keyser Soze impersonation!!!

The whole while, I am absolutely MORTIFIED!!!
I try to pick them up and move them;
I tell them to move it or LIVE in the warehouse club for the rest of their lives;
I even try bribery!!!
NOTHING WORKS!!!

If they are lucky.....I'll pick them up tomorrow!!!

(just kidding, folks....I'll get them before the store closes tonight!)


1 comment: