Search This Blog

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Miss Mommy!!!

I have learned that the kiddos are handling Mommy's little nervous breakdown (oops, I mean "vacation") in their own...shall we say "endearing" ways:

The Bean has decided that she misses Mommy so much, that it will help for her to throw temper tantrums all day long for Nannie, and then permanently attach herself to Daddy's hip when he comes home.  As a special little added bonus, she has taken it upon herself to forget the word "Daddy" altogether and call him "Mama" from now on.  That made for an interesting trip to the store with more than a few turned heads.

Where do I even begin with the Princess! I'm pretty sure that she is an evil genius.  It seemed to take her all of one day to discover exactly how to tug on Nannie's heartstrings and get ANYTHING she wants! She has MASTERED the "But I miss Mommy" card!!! Well, then, since you miss Mommy:

  Of COURSE Nannie will take you out for ice cream for the third day in a row!
What's that? OK, you can stay up for another hour or so....we'll have fun!
You don't like the soup you JUST asked for......well, how about Nannie takes you to McDonald's?

uuuuggghhhh! I see a MAJOR reset button when I get home!

Now for our little Instigator.........let's just say, that his TEACHERS will be throwing me a "Welcome Home" Party!!  He has transformed himself from the perfect little goody-two-shoes of the class into.....well, basically, that kid from school whom we all secretly wish is now an out-of-work fat and balding dad forced to suffer daily with 12 kids who all behave exactly like him!

OK, now it's time for the Ref......I am actually feeling a little sorry for him. He is forced to witness all of this drama and bandage Nannie's last nerve at the same time.  OH! Don't get me wrong, he's had his moments this week, too..... he has learned how to manipulate the situation however he can, which--since Nannie knows that I can be...well...."particular" about routines--has tended to involve things like:

"But Mommy ALWAYS lets me play video games when I get home until bedtime, as long as I eat dinner! We do homework in the morning."
"Mommy likes for us to eat dinner in the living room.....that way she doesn't have to set the table."
"We don't have chores, Mommy wants us to focus on school."
Kiddos, you'd better get yourselves  under control before I get back!

Mommy is NOT as gullible as Nannie!
I KNOW all your tricks better than you do.......who do you think taught them to you?!?!?!

1 comment: