Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

While Mommy's Away

WOW!!!
I didn't even realize how crazy my life really is until I got this chance to step away from it for a bit.

Let the hubby and the Mom-In-Law deal with it for a change!!

  So all of the chaos and Tales of Terror are coming to you courtesy of the hubby this week
(he doesn't deal with it quite as easily as I do though)

Apparently, the weekend went easily enough.

Then Monday arrived......with a VENGEANCE!
I guess the Instigator woke up crying because he had to go to school.
(He NEVER does this! This child would LIVE at school if I let him.)
In fact, BOTH boys would rather get up an hour early so that their teacher can drive them to school rather than sleeping in and letting Daddy take them!

He insisted that, since his report card had already been sent home, school was now OVER!
While trying to explain the situation to him, Daddy was given this response:

"Fine! Let's just get ready to go! We'll drive ALL the way there, and I'll SHOW you that there is no one there!!"

The entire ride to the school, he just kept telling him,
"You might as well turn around now because you're WRONG! All you're doing  is wasting gas! Do you even KNOW how much gas COSTS now?!?!"
(Nice try, kiddo! However, I gotta admit I'm more than a little impressed with his approach!)

He did the walk of shame into his classroom.

Despite the fact, that Daddy stuck to his guns, and proved himself right, I have to say, I'd have handled this one MUCH differently!

You see, that's an AWFULLY long drive to spend listening to his whiny little voice. I, in NO way, would have even RISKED putting up with that at 7 in the morning.

So, here's my interpretation on how the situation should have been handled.
(Go ahead, Honey, go grab a pencil and notebook, I'll wait.............got it? Good)

"HEY YOU! SHUT IT!"
Crisis averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment