Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Proud Mommy Moments

Since the very first moment I held my oldest son in my arms, I have been proud of my children on a daily basis.  I never knew how much more proud I could be of them than I have ever been of myself.

That, being said, there are definitely those moments where I just look at them and think,
"Ummmmmm, yeah, that makes me 'SO PROUD'" as you bow your head in shame!

Like the time I thought the boys were asleep in their beds.  I went in to give one final kiss goodnight and found them asleep alright........covered in marker!!  They decided to "tattoo" themselves from head to toe before calling it a night!

Then there was the day that my then 4 yr. old boy decided to be a puppy for the entire shopping trip!  He just sat in the cart, tongue wagging and barking at everyone!  The looks I got in return added to my pride!

Today, my sweet little baby girl decided to teach herself to make farting noises on her arm.  I simply can not WAIT to go out in public with  that new trick!

How about the time I was pregnant with the baby. I had told the kids that the baby would be born right after the oldest started school.  So while out for a walk, little brother tried to push big brother into a school bus while the driver looked at us with fear in her eyes!! He wanted the baby to come right then!!

Let's not forget the time that I was walking out of a store, and a Little Person walked by us.  The boys both shout, "Mommy, what is WRONG with that guy that he's so short?!" I had to had a loud-enough-to-be-heard talk with them about differences while the man stared at me in anger!

What about the time that the oldest (when a toddler) had a full-on diaper blowout just as the mall was closing!?  We had no extra clothes so we are dashing through the mall with a screaming toddler in a diaper trying to buy clothes!

Or when my little princess noticed that some of her brothers' classmates were "brown" (to use her words), and asked me right in front of their mothers, "Does that mean they lie like Barack Obama does?"

I'll tell you......I've NEVER been so PROUD!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment