Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Starlight, Starbright.....

Every night I take the kids out to wish on a star before bedtime.  It's kind of one of our traditions around here.  You know......those special little things that can make up for all of the chaos of the day.

Well, tonight was an experience, to say the least!!!

I was outside, alone with my little Princess....making our nightly wishes.

Princess: Starlight, Starbright, First star I see tonight, wish I may, wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight!
I wish I could eat ALL the cake left in the "fridgerator"!
Me: Ummmmm....make another wish because that has NO chance of happening!

Her: OK, (little rhyme all over again), I wish for a BEAUTIFUL bicycle!
Me: You already have a bike that's pink!
Her: Well, it's not BEAUTIFUL!!!
Me: Try another wish....
Her: I am just going to wish on another star.
Me: That doesn't work! If you wish on another star.......you're original wish WON'T come true.

Her: OK......but you need to make a wish!
Me: (say the little poem) I wish Princess would give me a hug and a kiss!
Her: I do that EVEY day......make another wish!
Me: Ok, I wish Princess would be a good girl tomorrow!

Her: OH NO!!!! My star is moving!!!! I just wished on a plane!!!!

Dear Lord!!! Why am I raising the most ignorant kids on the planet?!?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Still giggling....wished on a plane....only the princess...lmao.

    ReplyDelete