Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Little Houdinis

So, the school lost my 7 yr. old boy yesterday!!! Field trip mix up, but NO ONE in the office could figure out where he was!!!  Luckily, he was found 2 1/2 hrs. later, safe and sound at the museum with his class.

This got me to thinking, though, about all the times my kids have pulled disappearing acts on me:

1. I am at Walmart with both young boys in tow. The Easter Bunny shows up out of NOWHERE!!  Freaks out the 2 yr. old who goes and hides in the racks completely silent!!!  People are staring at me with confused looks on the faces, as I am running through the store with a screaming 6 mos old while I keep looking for little feet under the racks!

2. Recently, had Walmart issue a "Code Adam" when my 5 yr. old took a wrong turn to follow me and went missing for 25 minutes!!! Note to self: "Code Adam" = completely inaccurate description of child and NO help to find him!! (They even brought me my OTHER boy who was with his Dad!!)

3. We went upstairs one snowy day, only to come down and find our 18mos. old boy toddling down the street in nothing but a diaper!

4. I was fixing dinner, and the kids let the dog out.  Shortly, thereafter, I get a call from my neighbor who just saw all 3 kids running down the street after the dog!

5. I was looking all over the house for the baby. Couldn't find her anywhere! Only to have my daughter come to me and say, "Ummm, Mommy? Why is the baby  sleeping in the laundry basket?"......she used the dirty clothes as blankets!

It would be so much more USEFUL of a talent, though, if I  had the power to make them disappear
ON DEMAND:

4AM and the girls want drinks................ABRACADABRA!
3 hours after bedtime and one of them is downstairs for the 10th time.............HOCUS POCUS!
I just sit down to read and suddenly they all need something............KAZAAM!
I'm making dinner and the boys instantly start fighting...................VOILA!

Yeah......I think I'll work on MY magic act!

No comments:

Post a Comment