Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Strange Toys

I woke up this morning to a screaming baby with a very high fever.
For the most part, my day has been filled with fussiness, Tylenol, and lots of temperature checks.

As my luck would have it, the ONLY thing that would calm her down today is holding/playing with the thermometer! (It's a BABY thermometer, folks, so use your imagination as to where that thing's been!)

In case you haven't figured it out, yet....

MY CHILDREN ARE INSANE!!!

They have every toy known to man, but, for some reason, they always choose the oddest things to play with!

1. My Princess has had a new best friend for over a month now. His name is "Nick Jr.", and he is a plastic bag from Walmart that she carries EVERYWHERE with her! Fortunately, I was able to convince her that "Nick Jr." needs to sleep in his own bed and NOT with her!!

2. She also has a box that her Rapunzel castle came in.  I am not allowed to throw it away because, "It's pretty!".

3. The oldest boy was a robot for Halloween.....2 YEARS AGO!!  It was one of those homemade box and tin foil costumes.  He has outgrown the boxes, and only a few scraps of tin foil remain. He refuses to part with it, however, because, "I use it to watch over the playroom when I' not here!!".

4. The 5 yr old boy has a strange fascination with empty plastic Coke bottles.  For some strange reason.....he carries them around the house!

5. "Sockie"......this is my 7 yr old's absolute favorite thing in the world!! One day, he had an earache, and the heating pad wasn't to be found. So, I filled a sock with rice and microwaved it. Worked great!! Since that day over a year ago, though, he keeps "Sockie" with him all the time!!!

Dear Santa:
Next year, SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!


1 comment:

  1. How funny! My kids also tended to play with odd things, like my Tupperware or my shoes.

    ReplyDelete