Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Year

Today, my oldest daughter turned 4!!! Happy Birthday, Princess!!!

However, when I tried to put her to bed, she pitched a fit, and I actually told her that if she didn't go to bed, I would take away her birthday and make her 3 again!! (Note to self: it works!!!)

That got me to thinking, though....what if I really COULD take away a year?!?!

Sure, I'd miss a lot of good stuff and a lot of milestones, but.....what if????


I would have been spared the agony of these things from her life:

1. A trip to the urgent care because of her brothers fighting with dinosaurs near her face!!! When toy dinosaurs attack.....it leads to a punture on the face!!! With the added bonus of the Dr. checking under EVERY bandaid (because she thinks they are stickers!) to make sure she is not being abused!!

2. ANOTHER trip to urgent care because she is CERTAIN that her brother's ear infection got passed to her!!

3. A panicked Mommy who just heard her utter the words, "The baby's eating POOP!!".....just to find out it's a cookie!

4. Several through the door conversations about how Mommy and Daddy are having a "grown  up talk" through the bedroom door!!!

5. A Mommy with bruised ribs trying to race down the stairs to save a poor puppy from imminent doom as she is dragging it down the stairs by the arm!

I love you, girl, but I REALLY hope you grow up soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment