Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Frying Pan Epidemic?

This morning we were all snuggled up on the couch watching a new "Tom and Jerry" movie.  Now, I have ALWAYS been a huge fan of those two.  I soon found myself disappointed in their shenanigans, though.

THEY NO LONGER BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF EACH OTHER!!!

I remember when there was a national outcry against that EVIL cat and mouse for promoting violence.  I was young at the time, and even I found it ridiculous!  Was there REALLY a sudden outbreak of kids running around hitting each other with frying pans and anvils that I somehow missed?!?

My brother and I would camp out every Friday night on the living room floor so we could wake up early and watch that show. Not ONCE did it ever occur to me that it might be a good idea to grab the ironing board and beat him over the head with it!! (Even though he probably deserved it several times)

OK, OK......I'll admit....there WAS an incident when my older brother chased us across the dining room table in a fit of anger, and the table collapsed......but HEY......not OUR fault!!!! (sidenote: he then tried to force us to help him fix it before our parents got home!)

Seriously, though......now these mortal enemies actually HELP each other ward off the evils of the universe?!?! THAT'S JUST NOT FUNNY!!!!

Even the kids think so!
They prefer the classic episodes that are still on from time to time......THANK GOODNESS!!!
I simply can't IMAGINE a world where Tom and Jerry are friends.
For God's Sake!!! STOP BEING SO CRITICAL!!

My kids have NEVER tied the cat's tail to a string and then to a heavy object.........they just chase her around with the vacuum!

Not ONCE have they tied a steak around the cat's neck and rang a bell to wake the dog.........they just put the puppy in front of her and yell "FIGHT!"

They have never taken scissors and cut the hammock strings to make each other fall........Grandpa broke that ALL on his own!!!

They have never........gotta run.....the baby found the cast iron skillet!!!!


2 comments: