Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Puppy Panic

In her infinite wisdom, my 3 yr old decided to let ALL the pups and Mama Dog out at the same time.
Mama Dog is a runner......she immediately takes off to go terrorize the neighbors, dig through everyone's trash, and make housecalls to all her boyfriend dogs.  Of COURSE, all 6 pups decide that this is the perfect time to see how fast their little legs can take them to see what lies beyond our backyard!

Cut to me, in my stocking feet running around the neighborhood chasing a pack of 7 dogs! Finally, I catch two of the pups, but then quickly realize that I have run out of hands. I run back to the house, to toss the two stragglers inside.  Back out the door! Mind you, I still have no shoes on.  So I running through the wooded areas, stepping on rocks and branches.  My yells have now gone from, "Lily!!! Come home!" to, "OUCH! DAMMIT!! Mother F!"  By now, the little pups have realized they can't keep up with Mama, so they have all gone their separate directions. I chase down 2 more.....back to the house.....back out the door.  After about 35 minutes of this, I finally get them all inside.  Of course the baby is now crying hysterically, and my 3 yr old is laughing so hard she has tears in her eyes!

The whole time, I just kept hoping someone would grab a video camera!
I could hear the background music in my head.....
I was living a real life episode of "Benny Hill"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment